Thursday, January 22, 2009

R.I.P.

this post isn't a poem, it's an outpouring of every emotion i'm feeling right now. it may not make sense, but feel free to try to form something logical out of my emotional word vomit.

at this very moment
i am feeling love at its strongest
and a feeling that i'm so unfamiliar with...
i've never loathed someone, but i do.
i am in love...
with who he used to be, before he started smoking pot.
i've often asked myself
what do i love about him
and the answer is
nothing.
i dont love who he's become.
i love who he was.
the real him.
i loved him because he knew exactly what to say
at exactly the perfect moment.
he made me laugh.
he knew everything
and i mean EVERYTHING
about me
and he still loved me.
he saw every flaw that i saw
and he didnt even care.
he knew when to hold me.
he knew how to hold me.
his hand fit perfectly in mine.
he knew everything about me.
he was my first everything.
he was something great that came along
that i poured my entire life into.
my heart
my soul
my body
my passion
my time
everything.
he was the man of my dreams.
he was the biggest goof ball
but he was THE sweetest guy i've ever known
laughing with him was the most intoxicating feeling.
we cried together.
we did everything together.
i gave him every last piece of who i was.
he taught me how to love myself.
he showed me what love was.
he was the greatest teacher
the greatest counselor
the greatest friend
and the greatest boyfriend
anyone could ask for.
thats who he used to be.
thats the picture of love that i hold.
but he's dead.
that person that i was in love with
that person that i gave my life to
is dead.
he chose pot over me
thats one reason i feel terrible about myself.
he chose a petty thing
over a human being.
that is THE biggest insult in the universe.
that...
words cant even express
how horrible that makes me feel.
even today.
i cant rid my heart of this pain
all i can do
is turn on my newest cd...
full volume.
the one cd that doesnt remind me of him
and its never loud enough to drown the thoughts
i sit here driving my ear buds in my ears just trying to get a second to myself
a second to think about anything in the world but him.
i have had him on my mind every second
of every day
for the last two and a half years
and now i must put him to rest.
i need to let go of his ghost
all i have left of him
are the memories.
and those memories will haunt me
and i just pray
that God will piece my heart back together
and help me look forward.

i'm having such a hard time
because he was my comfort
where i went when i was hurting
and now i have to hurt
on my own
and i dont know how.

rest in peace
while i rest in pieces.

6 comments:

Valerie said...

wow alyssa. not sure what to say here. but please know i am here anytime of any day. love you and praying for you!

Anonymous said...

dear buddy
i love u
your friend
Jay Scherrer

Mike 'Miles' Schaffner said...

The only way to go is forward... You're in my thoughts.
I love you.

krista said...

Do I need to come kick some pothead-yankee (pankee) ass?? Oh, and "lol" to your friend Jay. ;)

AshleeHock said...

You're my favorite. Aaaand I just touched your shoulder. And lmao to Krista's pankee.

apple. said...

pmfp at all you crazy ass people