Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Bipolar

There is a storm raging in my soul and the waves are high
Rain, hail, fire, the fury of God in the sky
If you're caught in this downpour, you'll never dry
You'll never find yourself again, feeling alive
I wish you would look past the clouds in my eyes
To see what my heart really looks like
But all you see is what you think I am
But you're all wrong, I'm not that man
I'm not what I've done, what I do, what I say
There's much more to me than screaming in your face
I'm a soul, a spirit, a beauty, a bird
But you'll never see that because of just one word
Just one thing separates us two
You'd love me without it but then I wouldn't love you
My heart is heavy, boulders in my abdominal
You can forgive but you'll never forget my words
I'm abominable
There's no shelter strong enough to hold
There's no amount of fire to warm this cold,
Dark, black hole where my heart used to be
You'll never climb out if you keep following me
There's a storm raging inside of my soul
Leave me now before I swallow you whole

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:fish you are awesome.