Sunday, January 20, 2008

i'm a fucking idiot.

you, are tearing
me apart
once again you
break my heart
how many times
do i have to fail
before i see
i'm just a snail
carrying a house
upon my back
you walk beside
cursing my shack
you wont help me
bear this home
id be better off if
i walked alone
how many times
must i do that
before i see
i'm just a rat
running this wheel
you've placed in here
lost in this maze
the end, unclear
will you leave me
to run carefree?
and stay lost forever
in this maze you've built for me?
this maze is your heart
i cannot find the end
and i'm running into walls
and i do not comprehend
why wont you help
just this one time
just knock down these walls
and say you'll be mine
why cant you let
this snail rest for now
and stop this rat from
running around
set me free
by saying those words
i love you is all
that need be heard
i know you'd mean it
i know you do
theres just one thing
that thing is you
you're the only one
who can tear down this wall
and open my heart again...
...and save me from this fall
but you're the only one
who can break it again
by using my heart
tell her i'm just a friend
why cant it all
just be like last year
when no hearts had been broken
no eyes shed a tear
when we walked hand in hand
down those streets
barefoot, wet concrete
under our feet
a picnic in the park
where you told me
and swore that you
were all i need
what happened to that
and why cant i have it once more?
give me my wishes and dreams
if they dont come true, what are they for?
i just want you
to feel and to see
how i feel about you
how do you feel about me?

No comments: